How do I work?
As in Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counsellor, I can combine the three modalities of a Person Centred Approach with CBT and Attachment. This essentially means that I can tailor my therapy to the client, rather than a “one size fits all” approach. I don’t judge what we talk about and I don’t direct clients to a solution, instead we work together to explore and discuss what is brought to therapy.
We all have our own reasons for accessing therapy, some of which include:
Worry and Anxiety
Low mood and Depression
Stress and Panic
Relationships and attachment
Low self-esteem and lack of confidence
Identity and belonging
If you have an issue which is not mentioned, please get in contact as this not an exhaustive list.
Working with Teenagers and Young People
I am qualified to work with young people age 11 years old and upwards. I have considerable experience working with teenagers and young adults in therapy in my work as a wellbeing coach in a secondary school, and within my private work too. Home and school visits are available as well as appointments in my private practice – please contact me for more information.
Young people often benefit from a safe and confidential space to talk and explore their thoughts and feelings. For young people under 16, a signed parental permission contract is required which outlines confidentiality and requests that parents/guardians do not insist that the young person tells them about what they have talked about. I encourage communication with family, but sometimes, giving our children the opportunity for confidentiality is just as important.
Confidentiality is only broken if:
- I have a concern about the safety of the client
- I have a concern about the safety of someone else discussed
- Child protection
- Money laundering or drug trafficking
(I always talk through the process prior to sharing information)
Working with Adults
I provide face to face long and short term therapy within private practice and also within home settings. I can offer a range of appointment times and days – please get in contact for more information.
The structure of therapy is different for everyone, but often resembles the following:
- Initial contact by email or phone
- Free initial consultation to meet and discuss presenting issues. This initial assessment usually lasts between 30-40 minutes. There is no obligation to continue with therapy after this session.
- Successive sessions will last for 50 minutes.
- I often advise 6 sessions initially, followed by a review.
- Regular review sessions (agreed between myself and the client) to help track the therapeutic journey.
Cost of Therapy
Same for adults and young people.
Initial assessment is free
£45 per session (50 minutes)
Payment is required either before or during the session please.